Tuesday, November 11, 2008

a bit-o-halloweenie

Happy Halloweenie!!
I was a puppy NOT a brown noser
as my mom so sweetly pointed out!

Well, Halloweenie was a bit different this year for us ... in years past we have go to Micah's parent's neighborhood and since his mom passed and his dad and bro are living with us that seemed well like a waste of gas since its a 45 min drive. plus it would have been too hard for M to deal with I think. So with 5 days to go til Halloween and the temps being 20 degrees when I got outta bed in the morning I suggested Chucky cheese in their costumes Micah said sounds good so I had to take it to the board (you know the bosses ;) ) Well E that it was a GREAT idea!! So we went to Chucky cheese for Halloween and we bought the kids each a bag of candy the day after when it was all on clearence!! We had a GREAT time Alex refused to wear her costume and E was all about his he wore it for 3 days straight! hahaha I know I know how bad am I?!?!? ok ready for pics???

Alex: she was supposed to be cowgirl riding a horse ... she thought she was the horse ... so she found that TINY horse sticker that is on her shirt and decided that was her costume *rolleyes*

Ethan: My Mario! he had mustache but it was itchy and he wiped most of it off scratching that's why he has those strange black markings LoL Oh and we couldn't find a red hat and I am not a sewing lady like my dear friend over at homeschoolmadness ;) So I had to get a bit creative friday morning so E had a "fire ball Mario hat" LoL
Oh micah micah micah ... *shaking head* I asked him why he didn't get a costume and he said I am wearing it ... I raised my eyebrow at him and then he pulled his pants down the boxers up and pulled the hat to the side .... don't worry he didn't leave the back yard this way but have no fear I was armed with a camera so that I could blackmail his butt bwahahahahaha
he looks chubby in this pic too .... oh when he sees this I am in TROUBLE!!!
Ethan: never to be left out

The box!! *taking a bow* yes thank you thank you I know how clever I am LoL ... I thought it would be a cool thing for him to have a ToT box that matched the costume! So I got one of those nice paper boxes from A.C. Moore inside it had a jewelry tray and a lip that held that part up ... SO I ditched the original lid took the tray and flipped it upside down and cut a hole in it, modge podged the yellow paper on it, cut out question marks (sparkley felt), drilled holes in the side and used gimp as a handle. He LOVED it! hehehe


At chucky cheese
Ethan: he LOVES this ride!

Ethan and Alex: up in the tubes

Alex: She LOVES this ride!

Micah and Jonah: Even the boys had fun!



thats it for our Halloween I hope the candy faries were kind to you ;) Oh and Thanks to my friend MamaShea for skooling me on the mommy tax (mommy tax: mommie has the right to pick through any and candy brought into the house and pick out what she wants) hehehe I love it Shea I LOVE it!!

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Very crafty indeed. WE have a couple of fans too.
Cheers