Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The cake auction

The Great Cake-tastrophie



Ok, since I have a bit of time while dinner cooks ...

this past weekend was a Cake auction and used book sale for Ethan's school. I went and helped set up Friday morning and started a box of goodies (books, videos, games, puzzles) ... 44 bucks and I knocked out a ton of holiday gifts ;) I thought Micah would have a fit but nope he was totally ok. teehee Of course he went Saturday night and spent 36 bucks so it was all good ;) Oh did I mention that pretty much everything was 50 cents or a dollar!!!

Saturday night was also a Cake auction ... I started my cake on Wednesday cause I KNEW it was gonna be a chore with miss Alex fighting me the WHOLE time! It was a pink castle! I had these great plans but Alex wasn't having any part of it!! First box of mix Vanilla! First batch of cupcakes outta the oven dumped them on the counter to cool... went to the bathroom was in there for maybe 2 min come out and Alex had taken a bite out of half of my cup cakes!!! I had already used the rest of the batter to make a layer and it was already in the oven! grrr .... Next up the strawberry mix for the bottom layer ... Alex got a little too helpful while we were getting the cake outta the pan it broke on half was ok the other half was in like 6 pieces so one part made the bottom and one part of the very broken up half turned out to be the top of the cake .... AFTER I made this AWESOME HUGE cupcake the bottom was square and the top looked like a huge cupcake top I put it on the counter to cool ... I kept Alex entertained I thought all was well. Then FIL and BIL came home and took my attention. Well I forgot all about my beautiful GIANT cupcake cooling on the counter by the time I remembered it (was reminded by Ethan) Alex had hollowed out the thing!! it was just an empty shell of a giant cupcake :( So at that point I saved enough of the badly broken up half of the strawberry cake and put it on top ...
So imagine this if you will ...
An ok-ish half of a strawberry cake, a almost perfect middle vanilla layer and a salvaged strawberry top layer ... and 4 towers 2 made of 2 cupcakes 2 made of 4 cupcakes ...
all glued together by icing then put in the freezer .... :)

Ok day 2 need to sure up the towers and start icing this thing ... Well Alex thought it helpful to make the towers lay down ... AHHHHHH so tooth picks are added to add a bit of stability!
3rd day .... finish Icing (I had to do this in 2 days because I thought 2 cans of pink frosting would be enough I was wrong!!!) So .... I finish up the pink :) ... but not without one more Alex incident that involved her sticking her little finger into the icing on a tower .... it was crooked and I couldn't fix that anymore cause it was pretty much all iced!! So its Friday evening and I put it back in the freezer. Saturday D-day!! I pipe it and run to the party store to get tiara's, wands, and princess lip glosses .... fix it all up and as best I could and ......

IT WAS FINISHED!!



it went for 22 bucks I was happy with that ... I know how sad it looked LMAO it did have quite a few bids on it tho it started at 5! ;)

1 comment:

Jamie Moore said...

I can comment on your blog now! YAY!!
I love that cake! I was thinking of making something similar for Sissy's birthday but we'll see.

BTW, I NEED more blogs! Not that you have a life or anything! :)